While we focus primarily on government officials, MAPS defines public service broadly to include anyone working on public policy and engaged in national service.
MAPS welcomes all; Any person who is in accord with, and agrees to adhere to the values, principles, policies, and objectives of MAPS, may become a member of the MAPS National network. Its free to join.
We invite those identifying as Muslim, as well as allies and anyone interested in becoming part of our community. Membership in MAPS is just as inclusive; professionals from all faiths are encouraged to join. All individual Members will be expected to adhere to MAPS’ mission and values.
Individual Members are typically, but not exclusively:
- Muslim American professionals at Federal, State and local government departments and agencies, and their respective legislative and judicial Branch counterparts;
- Muslim Professionals in public service oriented private companies, including government contractors, international development firms, non-profits, think tanks, trade associations, charities and related public service organizations;
- Individuals of all faiths or no faith who believe in a truly diverse, equitable, inclusive government workforce that represents America itself.
Members are given access to MAPS Directors, programming, direct services, initiatives, network of public service professionals, partner organizations, selected distribution lists, and specialized communities of practice. Members are also invited to join the exclusive MAPS Membership Group on Signal, which allows direct interaction with the MAPS community of fellow members across the country, upon completion of the form below.
Members may run for MAPS Board positions, vote in elections, and suggest, help form, and serve on Board Committees and task forces to focus awareness and advocacy around special issues, activities, functions and priorities, both at the local and national level.
- As MAPS is a national network, please include your State to get connected to regional initiatives and MAPS State Chapters as they form.
- Including your official .gov or .mil email address if you have one (State and local “.gov”s welcome) allows you to be added to the MAPS listserv, where members share public service opportunities, information from Muslim employee resource groups, and best practices on how to advance an inclusive workplace.
- If you would like to volunteer your time or skills for the benefit of our membership and community as a career mentor, legal advisor, web/ graphic designer, etc. please check the boxes below.
- If you would like to serve as a MAPS Institutional Representative at your Federal, State or local agency, check the box below. Representatives serve as liaisons between our national network and your institution, and as a point of contact for colleagues interested in building informal communities or formal MAPS Chapters when viable. Learn more about chapters and employee resource groups here.
- If you are interested in joining MAPS’ leadership team (Board or Advisory Council) or MAPS Board Committees (Policy, Program, Professional Development, Communications, Outreach, Youth Engagement, or Finance Committees) please check the boxes below. Learn more about Board committees here.
Welcome to MAPS. We are thrilled to have you.